Are You Prepared for an IT Disaster?
Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) are critical areas to any business — large or small — that has a reliance on IT. Unfortunately these important functions are often overlooked until it is too late!
Data lost is money lost - it's as simple as that.Morten Felsvang CEO, Cohaesio Group
Have you ever asked yourself the question: "What if?" and do you know the answer? How do you keep your systems and company running in or after a disaster situation? Here are a few UK-based statistics on how loss of service and data affects business:
- 90% of businesses which lose data from a disaster are forced to shut within two years of the disaster.
- 80% of businesses without a well-structured recovery plan are forced to shut within 12 months of a flood or fire.
- 43% of companies experiencing disasters never recover.
- 50% of companies experiencing a computer outage will be forced to shut.
Other companies that deliver DR and BCP services often do not deliver the infrastructure or build IT systems which are resilient or operational (quickly or immediately) in a disaster situation. RCN can design, build and manage your IT systems, so that in a disaster the backbone of your operations is covered — from an IT standpoint. We deal with this in many ways, such as:
- IT system recovery plans
- Backup and Recovery strategies
- Off-site replication
- Real-time data replication
- Hosted critical services
- Standby office space
- Hot standby mirror servers
- Offline standby servers
Back up everything! You are not invulnerable. Catastrophic data loss can happen to you - one worm or trojan is all it takes.Kevin Mitnick Computer Sercurity Consultant
RCN utilises the leading technologies in offsite backup, data replication, clustering and virtualisation to deliver effective, reliable disaster recovery solutions to our clients.